There is a special place in our hearts, and our bellies, for one-skillet meals that are fuss-free. Our keto taco skillet takes the cake, so to speak, and it is a recipe that is so simple, that memorization is not required. Just add ingredients to the skillet one by one, or three by three, and dinner is ready before you know it.
It contains all the taco flavor that you know and love, without the use of corn or flour tortillas; you will want to pass on the cerveza too. If you are going to do well on a keto diet, you had better enjoy it, so invest in good quality grass-feed beef and relearn the easiest to the most complex recipes. When you devote time and energy to understanding health through nutrition, then you are heading in the right direction. We also know that sometimes you are short on time, but you should never shortchange your health by eating things that aren’t good for you – that’s when one-pot dishes come in extremely handy. Chicken meatballs with marinara sauce are a beautiful thing.
When life hands you taco seasoning, run with the inspiration and make a keto taco skillet for dinner tonight. Paleo sour cream is optional, so is cheddar cheese. We have also been known to indulge in fire-roasted salsa upon occasion, and we highly recommend it for you too.
Keto Taco Skillet Recipe
Protein: 32g / %
Fat: 27g / %
Carbs: 14g / %
Net Carbs: 10g
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- 2 zucchinis, diced
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp. taco seasoning
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Melt coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and onion; cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and cook until brown, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper, zucchini, and diced tomatoes.
- Mix in the taco seasoning, season to taste with salt and pepper; cook another 5 to 6 minutes, or until vegetables are soft.
- Add in the spinach, stirring 2 to 3 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Serve topped with fresh cilantro and green onions.