You may have come to the realization that holiday food is loaded with carbs, in fact, everyday food is stuffed to the bun with carbs! Yet, when you decide that food can be different, that’s when the magic happens and you get to meet new and exciting flavor combinations as you start your new food journey. So, out goes the potato and in comes the cauliflower. Yes, the textures will be different, but the health and the herbs? They are all in there. Toss in a good amount of ghee and some freshly grated Parmesan too and everyone will love your new style of cooking.
You can mash up many variations of cauliflower to suit your family’s tastes. Add a bit of sour cream, snip some chives, hold the rosemary, sneak in a couple of slices of crumbled bacon. You know what you can and cannot eat on a Keto diet, so you have the power to adjust recipes at a moment’s notice. After all, an adaptable cook, is the best cook. Even if you don’t have a potato masher, a fork will work just fine, and if you really want it creamy, then a blender or food processor is your best friend. If your cauliflower mash turns out too runny, next time be sure to squeeze out as much water as you can when you strain it.
Keto Creamy Mashed Cauliflower Recipe
Protein: 5g / %
Fat: 16g / %
Carbs: 8g / %
Net Carbs: 4g
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 4 to 5 cups cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup ghee, melted
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh chives, minced
- 2 tsp. fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the cauliflower and cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Strain the cauliflower and return to the saucepan.
- Add the gee, garlic, chives, rosemary, parmesan, and season to taste.
- Mash the cauliflower using a potato masher or fork, until smooth.
- Serve topped with fresh parsley.