Let’s be honest, anything wrapped in bacon is beyond delicious. It comes as no surprise then, that these bacon-wrapped green beans will go down a treat whether you serve them as a happy little appetizer, or as a side to the main event (perhaps a platter of orange and lemon roasted duck?).
Depending on the size of the fresh green beans, you will want to wrap them in bundles of 5-10 with a slice of streaky bacon as a tie. For best results, make sure to place them seam side down on the baking sheet. As for the greenest beans, the standard ones will do just fine, but if you want to get fancy, then haricot vert, also known as French beans, should be your choice of beans. Not only are they more tender, their flavor is exceptionally refined too. And when you are pulling out all the stops to throw a memorable and festive party, remember: it is the small details that count the most. Choose quality ingredients over quantity of food and every bite will be savored.
A great thing about this recipe is that it is super easy to scale up or down as there are few ingredients involved. It also gives you room to add red pepper flakes for decoration and taste, or a sprinkle of Parmesan just before serving. And it is perfect alongside a plate of herbed ribs, just as it compliments a grilled version of paprika-lemon marinated chicken.
Bacon-Wrapped Green Beans Recipe
Protein: 9g / %
Fat: 13g / %
Carbs: 14g / %
Net Carbs: 8g
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 1 1/2 lbs. green beans, ends trimmed
- 4 to 6 bacon slices, partially cooked
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Bring a saucepan of water to a light boil over medium-high heat.
- Add green beans and cook 3 to 4 minutes.
- Drain and place the beans in bowl of iced water.
- In a large bowl, mix the green beans, olive oil, garlic, onion, and season to taste.
- Slice the bacon strips in half and wrap small batches of green beans.
- Place the wrapped green beans on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven 15 to 20 minutes.